Friday, April 07, 2006

Sprained Ankle...GGGRRRRR!!!!

So yesterday about 2:30pm I was in a hurry because the baby was asleep in the car and a friend was watching her for me while I dropped off some parts at work. My right foot slipped and I caught myself with my left leg and wrenched it causing me to fall down and barrel roll on the floor. My leg hurt a little but no more than it has when I have stepped wrong in the past so I didn't think anything of it. I continued with my day and around 6:30 my left ankle really started to hurt and by 7pm I couldn't even stand on it. I waited thinking I could deal with it but the pain continued to come on worse and worse! We put the baby down around 8:30 and our friend Sean Wellnitz and his girlfriend came over to stay with her so Christie could take me to the hospital. I decided to goto Harborview (the ZOO) since that is where all my care has taken place for my leg and that way they would not have to transfer records. So we got there about 9:15pm-ish and it was busy! I did not get taken back into the ER until almost 11:45pm and by that time my pain was a 9 or 10 on a pain scale of 1 to 10!! They finally gave me some pain meds after taking xrays to see if I had re-broken the leg or if the hardware (metal in my leg) had failed. Only to have the doc come back and tell me no break, no hardware failure just an ankle sprain. Just an ankle sprain? JUST AN ANKLE SPRAIN!!! OH MY GOD IT HURTS AND IT STILL HURTS!!! This is by far the most painful ankle sprain I have ever had. I can bare no weight on my left leg and I am couch bound for at least a week. We did not get home till 2am and Christie had to drive Sean home, love you Sean thanks again!! We slept till almost 9:30 this morning luckily this was Chrisite's normal Friday off. Both Chrisite and Abigael are taking naps right now. I will have picture soon of the black and blue ankle (which is good in that it proves it is just an ankle sprain!) AAAARRRGGGHHHH when will it end?? Oh well.......

2 comments:

The Old Bag said...

Thanks for stopping by the blog -- what a bummer to hear of the sprain!

~OR~

thank God it's only a sprain and not a rebreak or hardware failure.

Sometimes, I guess, celebration has to be found in the small things, but still....

Wes said...

Man...I sense some sort of pattern emerging here. Bike = break leg, bike = hurt leg, etc..........