Tuesday, April 25, 2006

New track stem!!!

So I ran into a problem when I started looking for a 1 1/8" threadless Track/Pista steep angled stem. I couldn't find one. The only stem I found was the butt-ugly Deda Pista stem. My track bike has an Ox Blood Red/Bone White with chrome parts color scheme. So I asked David Wilson from David Wilson Industries (yes, D.W.I.) to make a custom threadless stem that is angled at the traditional 58 degree Pista (track) racing angle. WOW the stem is beautiful. I want to get it chrome plated but, chrome plating can cost upwards of $175 around Seattle. So if anyone you know chrome plates or wants to share the $115 setup fee I am game!! I won't be riding this stem on the track until next season anyways!!!

(I recieved a really good idea from The Old Bag, she suggested that I have the stem painted or powder coated bone white to match the frame??? I think it would look pretty hot?? What do you think, leave a comment?)

5 comments:

The Old Bag said...

what about having it painted bone white -- seen some of 'em and they look pretty sharp matching the rig....

Brandon said...

That's an awesome idea TOB. I'll look into it the biggest problem is matching exactly with the frame, they where painted by Spectrum Powderworks. I guess I could send it bak to them?? Thank's I hope all is well with you...

The Old Bag said...

PS Bob Brown, Twin Cities area framebuilder as a couple shots you may want to take a look at.

The Old Bag said...

Ooops -- hit publish too soon...

on the linked page there's a rust-colored singlespeed mtb and a cream travel rig with painted stems.

Michael said...

Hi, Ive been searching for a stem also and find it hard to find one decent. ive come across the deda pista stem as well but dont want to shell out all the money.. anyway.. there are chrome plating kits many auto enthusiasts purchase for small parts at home.. you may want to look into it..