Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Almost laughed myself off the couch....

For a great laugh! Check out the videos of all of the project bikes. This is a great excerpt:

I should never have let us go that fast to begin with, but we had reached the point of no return. Because of the inconsistent dirt surface, I feared that braking hard could cause us to spinout. As the couch hurdled closer and closer to mach speed, all outside noises became muted. I could still here Eivind's last words. "I'm scared", he said. "Don't be scared." I replied with a calmness that was belied by my posture in the couch. I had assumed a sort of starfish stance on the cushions, my legs and arms spread out wide in preparation for attack from all directions. No sooner had I spoke those soothing words, than our worst fears were realized. One wheel jammed and the couch spun into a donut. The world swirled around us. Strangely, at that point, everything felt very calm. This was one smooth donut.

And in the immortal words of the Great Homer J. Simpson, MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm DOoonuutttssssss

No comments: