Thursday, September 14, 2006

been awhile

Sorry to all few of my faithfull readers. I have not posted in quite awhile. I have been busy with this and that but mostly that is just excuses. I just got back from Utah/Colorado having gone there to help my friend Eric time the Kona Global 24 hour #2 mountain bike race! Man it was fun we flew into Salt Lake City and drove the timing van to just outside of Granby, CO. We took US40 and we saw some beautiful country!! I stayed up from 7am Sat morning till we got on the road Sunday night at 6pm. I got to meet Nat Ross, Mark Hendershot, and Christina Begy all outstanding endurance racers!!! I met Chris Fuller, the new co-owner of Genuine Spot Brand bicycles and I feel like I have a new friend in him. Eric and I gave a guy by the name of Fred Wilkinson a dry place to sleep Friday night, he stayed in our room as opposed to his tarp tent as it poured down rain!! Fred rode his bike from Moab, UT to the race then raced SOLO and the rode home 300 miles one way!!! I also saw Steve "Dr. Doom" Fassbinder there, he came out to race in the solo catergory. Steve in a former Portland messenger and endurance racer nut now living in Colorado. As well as the boys from FSA that drove out to this race from the Seattle area!!! The course dryed out throughout the day Saturday, but from what I heard it was an awesome, fast and at time very muddy 14 mile loop!! I enjoyed spending time with Eric Ewing a true true friend and brother, I only wish we weren't seperated by the state of Washington.

My dad is in town working on a local mountain bike trail project. And my cousin Chris will be in town for a few weeks from Japan! I have heard good things from my doctors as to the healing of my bone graft!! But alas my ankle has become so painful that I am off the bike once again for atleast two weeks!!!

Lets see what else??

School Starts Sep 25th!!! I am so ready but nervous as hell!! I got Abigael into all of the hours at the Childcare center that I needed to get her into, YEAH!! We are going to take her to the open house this Friday, we will be calling it "ABIGAEL'S SCHOOL, for her benefit"! I have all my books Thanks to mom (Pat!)! I have recieved my first VA payment which payed for books and Abigael's Childcare!

I have my SFD employment interview this Sat at 8am. We'll see how it goes, not really to excited about it seeing as how I will most likely get nixed due to my bum leg!! But I have had close friends write very awesome letters of recommendation so I am not giving up all hope yet?

I am super jazzed to get back on the bike and start working out again!! I even went to the gym yesterday and did a core body workout!! I talked with Mike Desalvo and my cyclocross frame/fork is getting built as I type!!! I hope to see it by the beginning of Oct. just in time for my birthday!!! I requeste the paint to be matte black with clear metal panels and blood-red lettering!!! Even though I will not be able to race cyclocross this year I have been waiting for this ride for over a year!! I am so excited to want to participate in some endurance mountain biking event and I am even looking to help organize a local PNW 100 mile race for '07?!? I just wanna be able to go mountain biking again, PERIOD!!

I was so excited to be back home and spend some time with my wonderful daughter!! She is such a dare devil!! We are going to spend so much time in the ER!! Daughter like Father I guess???

No comments: