Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Long time no write...

So I have been busy as I am sure you can tell by my lack of writing/posting. Yes, I may have been alone last week with the girls outta town but I was VERY busy with school and family friends visiting. The Chocholak parents, John and Dianne, were up to visit with their daughter Wendi and soon (I hope!) to be son-in-law Sam and meet Sam's family. My best friend Julian, Wendi's brother, tagged along and we got to visit and hang out together. I built him his dream mountain bike, a Santa Cruz Blur LT with full Chris King and XTR build! Julian was able to take delivery of his bike with an ear to ear grin! We got a small chance to ride a little up at the park behind the house. We rode on a few bum trails in the overgrown section of the park (an area I have been thinking about doing some minor/small trail improvement...) and dropped the big ledge. We were having a great time until we realized we had rolled through some rouge dog poo and it was every where! So we went home to clean shoes and bikes. On Thursday of their visit I was able to arrange through George Westbrooke, a friend from Skyway fire recruit academy, a private tour of the Renton Boeing 737 assembly plant! John Chocholak was my high school shop tech teacher and he sits on the California Industrial and Technology Education Association
executive committee as the Advocacy liaison. We had the opportunity to not only see every step in the construction of the 737 but also walk through a few of the planes as they were being built. It was an awesome tour Thanks again George!!!

And of course the weather has not let up much so everyone is starting to get ill. We have tickets to NC leaving on the 20th and returning on the 28th of Dec! I'll try to keep up to date with my entries....

No comments: